All teens should have a bright future in their grasp. Yet teen pregnancy creates obstacles to success, especially for our most vulnerable teens. We aim to change this reality.
To prevent pregnancy and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases among adolescents, the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) supports state, Tribal, and community efforts to promote adolescent pregnancy prevention and sexual risk avoidance education, as well as adulthood preparation programs. FYSB's Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Program administers more than 170 grants throughout the nation and several U.S. territories to help increase the capacity of youth-serving organizations. In addition to providing culturally relevant and age-appropriate sex education, these grantees provide adulthood preparation education on topics such as financial literacy and communication to help youth reach their goals for future success.
youth and families served
of PREP projects serve youth in high-need areas
Specific APP programs include:
- State Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants
- Personal Responsibility Education Innovative Strategies Program (PREIS)
- Title V State Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program
- Title V Competitive Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program (General Departmental-Funded)