Foster Care Month
May is National Foster Care Month, and this year's theme is "Foster Care as a Support to Families, Not a Substitute for Parents."
Did you know? Youth in foster care are nearly twice as likely to become pregnant by age 19 than other groups of youth. Discover how you can help make a difference in the lives of children and youth in foster care!
Get Involved this Month
- Download the slides or watch the recording from our webinar, Integrating the Needs of Foster Care Youth in Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Programming.
- Listen to our podcast discussion on evidence-based adolescent pregnancy prevention programs for youth who are incarcerated or in foster care.
- Read our blog post for 10 ways you can address adolescent pregnancy among youth in foster care.
- Read and share real-life stories featuring perspectives from youth, families, and professionals with child welfare system experiences.
- Find ways you can help support youth in foster care and spread the word this National Foster Care Month with resources from the Child Welfare Information Gateway.
- Are you a practitioner? Check out Child Welfare’s guide, Promoting Protective Factors for Children and Youth in Foster Care.
Honor, unite, and celebrate families!