Foster Care Month
May is National Foster Care Month. Did you know? Youth in foster care are nearly twice as likely to become pregnant by age 19 than other youth. Discover how you can help make a difference in the lives of children and youth in foster care!
Get Involved this Month
- Check out Foster Coalition’s 30+ Ways to Help Children in Foster Care.
- Discover the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) public awareness campaign, Caring for Every Child’s Mental Health.
- Are you a practitioner? Check out Child Welfare’s guide, Promoting Protective Factors for Children and Youth in Foster Care.
- Work with tribal communities? Access foster care resources for tribes.
- Download the slides or watch the recording from our webinar, Integrating the Needs of Foster Care Youth in Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Programming.
- Listen to our podcast discussion on evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention programs for youth who are incarcerated or in foster care.
- Read our blog post for 10 ways you can address teen pregnancy among foster care youth.
Honor, unite, and celebrate families!