HIV Testing Day
In 2015, more than 1 in 5 new HIV infections occurred in youth aged 13–24. However, most youth are not getting tested for HIV. Nearly 50% of youth aged 18–24 living with HIV do not know that they are infected. As a result, they do not receive treatment, putting them at risk for sickness and early death.
This year’s campaign for National HIV Testing Day is “Doing It.” Go out and get tested today!
- Not sure where to start? Check out these HIV testing FAQs and to find a testing site near you.
- Promote and encourage HIV testing in your community! Visit AIDS.gov for free campaign materials, including posters, palm cards, and banners.
- Download and share the HIV/AIDS Prevention and Service Provider locator app to find testing sites in your area.
- Read our blog post on harnessing integrated health education on all areas of health, including teen pregnancy prevention.
- Watch and share the Positive Spin video series to hear true stories from people who are living with HIV.