National Child Abuse Prevention Month
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. Research shows that childhood sexual abuse puts youth at an increased risk for teen pregnancy. Keep youth safe and healthy by raising awareness about and preventing child abuse in your community.
This year’s theme, Building Community, Building Hope, is an invitation to build a strong and supportive environment for youth and families through community engagement and investment. Begin making small changes today!
Get Involved this Month
- Check out the calendar of events for tips and ideas on getting more involved in your neighborhood and schools.
- Use these free tools to support community organization and collaboration.
- Visit the Child Welfare Information Gateway for a new podcast series, human trafficking information, and resources for preventing child abuse or neglect.
- Explore the Children’s Bureau programs, research, and monitoring systems on child abuse and neglect.
Who to Call
- National Child Abuse Hotline
Counselors are available 24/7, with more than 170 languages spoken.