World No Tobacco Day
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the vast majority of tobacco use starts during adolescence. On this year’s World No Tobacco Day and every day, educate and empower the youth who you serve to stay “no” to tobacco. This year’s theme “tobacco and lung health,” promotes awareness on:
- the negative impact that tobacco has on people's lung health, from cancer to chronic respiratory disease, and
- the fundamental role the lungs play in the health and well-being of all people
Get Involved this Month
- Check out the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration guide, Keeping Youth Drug Free, where parents, guardians, and youth service providers can find tips to prevent substance use disorders among youth.
- Help youth make healthy decisions and shift the norms around youth substance use with our tip sheet.
- Download the 2019 World No Tobacco social media materials and join the conversation online using the hashtag #NoTobacco.