Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Annual Conference
About the Conference
The Administration for Children and Families' Family and Youth Services Bureau (ACF/FYSB) will host the 2019 Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Grantee Conference, "Partnering to Promote Positive Outcomes for All Youth," on June 25 - June 28, 2019 in New Orleans, LA.
The purpose for the conference is to provide Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) and Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) grantees with on-site training, technical assistance, and networking opportunities designed to expand their capacity in providing youth with effective prevention education services. In keeping with the conference theme, grantees will learn effective strategies for partnering with organizations, communities, youth, and caregivers to enhance their projects. It is anticipated that approximately 600 representatives from over 150 grantee organizations will attend the 2019 conference. The conference will include plenary sessions with keynote and panel presenters, workshops, poster presentations, roundtable sessions, and exhibitors.
For the first time, PREP and SRAE grantees will have an opportunity to register for intensive pre-conference sessions to be hosted on June 25, 2019. The general conference sessions will commence on June 26, 2019 and end on June 28, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
By the end of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe at least two strategies to partner and promote positive outcomes for youth;
- Obtain resources to effectively meet the needs of special populations of youth;
- Connect with PREP and SRAE grantees to network and share resources, lessons learned, and innovative practices;
- Identify new tools, resources, and connections to improve organizational capacity, evaluation, partnerships, social media marketing, and/or sustainability; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of emerging trends in adolescent health and pregnancy prevention.
Abstract Submission is Open!
The abstract submission process for workshops, panels, and posters is now open! Current grantees, researchers, program implementers, policy makers, and others from the field at large are encouraged to develop and submit abstracts related to one of the following conference tracks:
- Track 1: Program Implementation
- Track 2: Sustainability, Organizational Capacity, and Infrastructure
- Track 3: Engaging Families and Communities
- Track 4: Innovative Approaches and Emerging Issues
- Track 5: Research and Evaluation
All abstracts must be submitted through the online submission form by February 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM (EST). Learn more and submit an abstract.
Please note: It is recommended that you use a browser other than Internet Explorer to view this site (i.e., Chrome, Mozilla, etc.)