National Safety Month
June is National Safety Month (NSM), which focuses on reducing the leading causes of injury and death by identifying risks on the road, in our homes, and communities, to ensure no one gets hurt.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, accidents (or unintentional injuries) represent the number one cause of death among youth aged 15–19 in the United States. This year, NSM is focusing on hazard recognition; slips, trips, and falls; fatigue; and impairment.
Engage your youth participants and community this month and help make the world safer for all!
Get Involved and Learn More:
- Download and share these free NSM materials.
- Take the pledge! Encourage coworkers to join you and sign up for the SafeAtWork pledge.
- Learn about mandatory reporting laws and how to develop proper protocols to keep youth safe with our webinar and tip sheet.
- Children who show the ability to delay gratification are more likely to have successful futures. Read our tip sheet to discover how self-regulation skills can help youth make responsible decisions and stay safe.
- Join the conversation on social media throughout June, by using the hashtag #NSM.