To prevent pregnancy and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases among adolescents, the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Program supports state, Tribal, and community efforts to promote sexual risk avoidance and personal responsibility education.
The APP Program administers more than 200 grants throughout the nation and several U.S. territories to help increase the capacity of youth-serving organizations. In addition to providing culturally relevant and age-appropriate sex education, our grantees provide adulthood preparation education on topics such as financial literacy, healthy relationships, and healthy life skills to help youth reach their goals for future success.
APP Funding Streams:
- State Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
- Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) Competitive Grants
- Personal Responsibility Education Innovative Strategies Program (PREIS)
- Title V State Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program
- Title V Competitive Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Education (SRAE) Program (General Departmental-Funded)
youth and families served