National HIV Testing Day
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), only 9% of U.S. high school students who are sexually active have ever been tested for HIV. This June 27th is National HIV Testing Day, and this year's theme is "Doing It My Way". Help change this statistic and encourage youth to get tested today!
Get Involved and Learn More:
- Not sure where to start? Check out these HIV testing FAQs and this website to find a testing center near you.
- Promote and encourage HIV testing in your community! Visit CDC for free campaign materials, including posters, palm cards, and banners.
- Join the conversation on social media and use this draft content from CDC.
- Download and share the HIV/AIDS Prevention & Service Provider Locator app to find testing sites in your area.
- Read our blog post to learn why it’s important to deliver sexual health and HIV education in an integrated way, along with other health topics, such as substance abuse, mental health, and physical health.
- Watch the Positive Spin video series to hear true stories from people who are living with HIV.