National Runaway Prevention Month
Show your support for National Runaway Prevention Month (NRPM) by helping raise awareness of the unique challenges facing runaway and homeless youth, including adolescent pregnancy. Spearheaded by the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) and the National Runaway Switchboard (NRS), this observance brings attention to the runaway and homeless youth crisis and shares solutions to address this issue.
- Create and share a web badge with your organizational logo and a message of support using The Studio tool. It takes less than 2 minutes to create! You must be logged in to your account to use the grantee-only tool.
- Join the live Twitter Chat with NRS and their national partners on Thursday, November 29, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST.
- Help foster parent-child communication and encourage youth to build healthy relationships through your adolescent pregnancy prevention programs.
- Identify organizations working with runaway and homeless youth in your community, such as FYSB Runaway and Homeless Youth grantees. Plan an observance event together using the NRPM Toolkit and Messaging Guide.
- Find tools, resources, and research about runaway and homeless youth from FYSB’s National Clearinghouse on Homeless Youth and Families.