National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
May is National Teen Pregnancy Prevention (NTPP) Month! Join us as we continue our efforts to prevent teen pregnancy among the nation’s youth! This year’s NTPP Month theme is “Elevating Voices: Effectively Engaging Adolescent Males.”
Ways to Get Involved:
- 2022 National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Digital Toolkit: Take a look at our NTPP Month Digital Toolkit for information, graphics, social media content, and other tools you can use to help spread the word about teen pregnancy prevention.
- 2022 NTPP Month Color Days Contest: May 17-24
- We’re asking everyone to take a picture including an element of the official NTPP Month campaign color—yellow. Wear something yellow, hold up something yellow, or use the NTPP Month virtual meeting background. Post your photo to social media using #IWearYellow4NTPPM by midnight on May 24. Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Program leadership will pick the most entertaining and interesting photo and announce the winner on the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB)’s Facebook and Twitter channels on Wednesday, May 25.
- Tuesday, May 24th: Annual NTPP Month Webinar
- Engaging Adolescent Males in APP Programming (3:00 – 4:30 PM ET) This webinar, in recognition of National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month, will explore strategies for effectively working with male youth in adolescent pregnancy prevention programs. Héctor Sánchez-Flores, executive director of the National Compadres Network (NCN), will discuss strategies and innovative ways to recruit and engage young men in programs to support healthy futures of male youth.
- National Adolescent Health Month: HHS’s Office of Population Affairs’ inaugural National Adolescent Health Month will emphasize the importance of building on young people’s strengths and potential, encouraging and supporting meaningful youth engagement in adolescent health activities, and highlighting key topics in adolescent health.
- Get the information, tools, and resources you need to support adolescent pregnancy prevention efforts on The Exchange Resource Gallery. The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program offers an extensive library of sortable resources designed to provide tips and strategies for youth programming related to healthy relationships, healthy decision making, and avoiding risky behaviors as youth prepare for successful transition to adulthood.
- APP Grantees, share how you plan to observe NTPP Month, post your Color Day photos, and connect with other grantees by visiting the Grantee Network. You can also post videos and photos highlighting NTPP Month events and activities in your community.
Category: Health Observance